What are valcivir 1000 mg tablets ?
Valcivir 1000 mg medicine is similar to the brand drug of this pill, an antiviral drug-containing Valacyclovir Hydrochloride as an active ingredient that works by stopping the growth and multiplying of the virus.
Valcivir 1000 mg is used to treat herpes virus infections, chickenpox, genital herpes, cold sores in children above 12 years of age, and also to treat children of 2 years of age suffering from chickenpox.
Valcivir 1000 mg may also be used for other medical conditions as an antiviral drug if the specialized doctor decides to use this to the drug for that particular purpose.
How valcivir tablet works ?
Valcivir 1000 Tablet is an antiviral drug. This stops the human cells from spreading the virus. This will keep the virus from producing new viruses and will clear up the infection.
How to use valcivir tablet ?
Taking this drug as prescribed by your doctor in the dosage and duration. Swallow it in its entirety. Do not chew it, crush it, or break it. Valcivir 1000 Tablet can be taken with or without meat, but at a fixed time, it is better to take it.
Major & minor side effects for Valcivir-1000 Tablet
- Feeling sad or empty
- Trouble sleeping
- Chest pain
- Lower back or side pain
- A decrease in the frequency of urination
- Shortness of breath
When is Valcivir pill Prescribed ?
Generic Valacyclovir is used in the treatment of herpes zoster (shingles) and the reduction of pain associated with zoster infection. It may include acute and postherpetic neuralgia when it is given to immunocompetent patients in infection of fewer than 72 hours duration. It may also be used for the prevention of recurrent herpes simplex infections of the skin and mucous membranes. It also includes genital herpes in immunocompetent and immunocompromised patients.
It is also used to treat herpes simplex infections of the skin and mucous membranes. It may consist of initial and recurrent genital herpes in immunocompetent patients as well. It is also used for the avoiding of cytomegalovirus (CMV) virus and disease, which develops after organ transplantation.
- Missed Dose
The missed dose should be administered at the earliest opportunity. If it is already time for your next scheduled dose, it is best to skip the skipped dose. Don’t use extra medication to compensate for the missing dose.
Call the doctor in case of overdose or seek emergency medical treatment.
- Tell your doctor or pharmacist before taking valacyclovir if you are allergic to it; or if you have any other allergies. The material can contain inactive ingredients that may cause allergic reactions or other issues. For more info, talk to your pharmacist.
- Tell your medical history, particularly of kidney problems, to your doctor or pharmacist before using this drug.
- This medication can seldom make you dizzy. You can get dizzier by using alcohol or marijuana (cannabis). Do not drive, use the equipment, or do anything that needs alertness until it is safe to do so. Limit the amount of alcoholic drinks. If you use marijuana (cannabis), talk to your doctor.
- Valacyclovir will not prevent herpes from spreading. Do not have sexual contact during an epidemic or if you have signs of lowering the chance of giving your partner genital herpes. Although you don’t have symptoms, you can spread genital herpes. Therefore, during all sexual performance, always use an effective barrier method (latex or polyurethane condoms). For more info, check with your pharmacist.
- Such drug should only be used during pregnancy when it is clearly needed. Talk to your doctor about the risks and benefits.
- The drug goes into breast milk, but a breastfeeding baby is unlikely to be affected. Before breastfeeding, consult your doctor.
Safe Generic Pharmacy is the most trusted website to take generic medicine, then you can more info related to this pharmacy which we wrote an article on SafeGenericPharmacy Website Review where you can get more detail about their reputation in health industries.