What is Avanafil Tablet?
Avanafil is an oral drug, also known as erectile dysfunction (ED), used to treat impotence (the failure to obtain or sustain a penile erection). It is in a class of drugs called inhibitors of phosphodiesterase which also includes tadalafil (Cialis), sildenafil (Viagra) and vardenafil (Levitra). Penis erection is caused by blood filling the penis. Filling takes place since Filling happens because the blood vessels that carry blood to the penis increase in size and supply more blood to the penis and, at the same time, decrease in size and remove less blood from the penis.
Sexual stimulation leading to erection allows nitric oxide in the penis to be created and released. The nitric oxide is responsible for an enzyme,Nitric oxide allows the cyclic guanosine monophosphate (cGMP) to be formed by an enzyme, guanylate cyclase.
CGMP is mainly responsible for increasing and decreasing the volume and erection of blood vessels carrying blood to and from the penis. When another enzyme, phosphodiesterase-5, kills the cGMP, the blood vessels return to normal size, blood leaves the penis, and the erection stops. Avanafil avoids the degradation of cGMP by phosphodiesterase-5 so that cGMP stays longer around. CGMP’s persistence leads to a more persistent blood swelling of the penis. The FDA approved Avanafil in April 2012.
What are the Avanafil (Stendra) side effects?
Avanafil’s most common side effects are:
- facial flushing
- back pain
- nasal congestion
- Infections of the upper respiratory tract
- symptoms of the flu
Avanafil can also induce low blood pressure, blurred vision, color vision changes, and premature ejaculation. Avanafil can cause prolonged erections or priapism (over 6 hours of painful erections). When patients experience an erection for longer than 4 hours, they must seek immediate medical assistance.
Avanafil may be used, especially in patients with pre-existing heart disease.
- Pain in the abdomen
- heart attacks
- death, strokes
- heart rate increased
Rare cases of sudden hearing loss are reported with inhibitors of phosphodiesterase such as avanafil, often associated with ear ringing and dizziness.
Patients must interrupt their avanafil when hearing changes occur and seek immediate medical attention. Phosphodiesterase-5 inhibitors have rarely been associated with non-arteritic anterior ischemic optic neuropathy (NAION), a disease that leads to impaired vision and blindness.
What is the avanafil (Stendra) dosage?
The recommended starting dose of avanafil is 100 mg daily taken approximately 30 minutes before sexual activity for most persons. The dosage may be increased to 200 mg or reduced to 50 mg a day, depending on the adequacy of the reaction or side effects. Persons taking medicines that slightly increase avanafil blood levels should not reach a maximum dose of 50 mg in 24 hours.
Which specific precautions will I start taking?
If you are allergic to avanafil,
- any other drugs, or any of the ingredients in avanafil pills, tell your doctor or pharmacist before taking Avana 200 (avanafil). Ask your pharmacist for a list of ingredients or review the patient information.
- Tell your doctor if you’ve ever been told by your physician to avoid sexual intercourse for medical reasons if you’ve had heart surgery over the past 6 months, and if you’ve ever had an erection lasting longer than 4 hours. Tell your doctor if you have or have ever had a condition that affects the shape of your penis, such as angulation, cavernosal fibrosis, or the disease of Peyronie;Cardiac attack; stroke; irregular heartbeat; blocked artery; angina (chest pain); high or low blood pressure; heart failure; blood cell abnormalities such as sickle cell anemia (red blood cell disease), multiple myeloma (plasma cell cancer), or leukemia (white blood cell cancer); ulcers; bleeding; or liver or kidney disease.
- You should know avanafil is for male use only. Women should not take avanafil, especially if they are pregnant or if they are breastfeeding. When she takes an avanafil from a pregnant woman, she must call her doctor.
- If you drink large amounts of alcohol (more than three glasses of wine or three shots of whiskey) when taking avanafil, you are more likely to experience other side effects of avanafil such as dizziness, nausea, fast heartbeat, or low blood pressure.
- Tell your doctor or dentist that you are taking avanafil if you are having surgery, even dental surgery.
- You should know that, particularly if you have heart disease, sexual activity can be a strain on your heart. Call your doctor immediately and avoid sexual activity until your doctor tells you otherwise if you have chest pain, dizziness, or nausea during sexual activity.
Are you new on safe healths blog ? because every week sharing this type of amazing post which you may want to know to improve your healthy life and thanks for visiting our blog.