What is assurans 20 mg tablet ?
Assurans 20 mg tablet is an antagonist of phosphodiesterase used to relax the smooth muscles in the blood vessel wall. Assurans 20 mg helps to increase blood flow in some parts of the body.
The assurans 20 mg medicine is used to treat erection dysfunction, penis erection, and pulmonary hypertension (high blood pressure in the lungs and heart of the blood vessels) and to improve the ability of people to exercise. It may be taken orally or injected into the skin.
Cipla (India) is one of Assurans 20 mg’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
When is it Prescribed ?
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH)
How is Assurans Tablet working ?
Assurans 20 mg tablets contain sildenafil, a type 5 (PDE5) phosphodiesterase inhibitor used to treat hypertension of the pulmonary artery. The PDE5 enzyme is found in vascular smooth muscle cells (in blood vessel walls) and is found in the lung at particularly high levels. PDE5 causes the breakdown of cGMP-(cyclic guanosine monophosphate), an intracellular signaling molecule that is increased by nitric oxide, formed by vascular endothelial cells (cells that line blood vessel walls), resulting in increased blood flow. Sildenafil in Assurans 20 mg tablets inhibits PDE5 activity, which increases the amount of cGMP in the smooth muscle cells of the pulmonary vascular. This action causes the small arteries in the lung to vasodilate and results in reduced blood pressure from the pulmonary artery.
Assurans 20 mg tablets are also used to treat erectile dysfunction by acting directly on the penis’ erectile tissue to increase blood flow, causing an erection. Nitric oxide is released into the erectile tissue of the penis during sexual stimulation, which stimulates the enzyme guanylate cyclase. This enzyme increases cGMP levels, which relaxes the penis blood vessels and allows blood to fill the erectile spongy tissues to cause an erection. PDE5 prevents blood from circulating into the penis, causing an erection to be lost. Sildenafil in Assurans 20 mg tablets prevents the PDE5 action, which addresses erectile dysfunction by allowing the natural sexual stimulation system to activate the cGMP pathway to achieve and maintain an erection.
What are the side effects of the Assurans 20mg tablet ?
Here are some of Sildenafil’s possible side effects
- Changes In Vision
- Sensitivity To Light
- Prolonged And Painful Erection
- Fall in Blood Pressure
What are the instructions for the dosage ?
Missed Dose: Take the dose as soon as you remember if you miss a dose of this tablet. However, if the next scheduled dose is nearly the time, the missed dose should be skipped, and the next dose should be taken. Don’t double the dose you missed to make up for. This applies to conditions such as pulmonary hypertension, in which the dosing scheme is set.
Overdose: If an overdose is suspected, call a doctor immediately. If the overdose is serious, you may need immediate medical attention.
Precautions And Warnings Other medications
- Other medications Assurans 20 MG Tablet should be used carefully if you take medicines for diabetes, heart disease, etc. Document to the doctor the use of all medications, including medication and supplements.
- Penis deformation Assurans 20 MG Tablet should be used with caution in patients with a penis deformity that may be due to Angulation, Cavernosal Fibrosis, or Peyronie. In such cases, the risk of perpetual loss of sexual ability is high.
- Prolonged and painful erection Assurans 20 MG Tablet should be used with caution if you have had more than 4 hours of painful erection. This can be attributed to an underlying situation such as anemia of sickle cells, multiple myeloma, or leukemia.
- Loss of hearing Assurans 20 MG Tablet can result in a sudden decrease in hearing abilities along with ear clinging and dizziness. If these signs are found, contact your doctor immediately.
You are taking this medication exactly as instructed by your physician. Do not eat it in amounts larger or smaller than prescribed. If this drug is used to treat pulmonary arterial hypertension, follow the exact dose regimen. Taking this drug at least 30-60 minutes prior to sexual activity when used for erectile dysfunction. It is main to note that this drug will not work without sexual stimulation when used for erectile dysfunction.
When Not To Use Assurans 20 Mg [Sildenafil Citrate] ?
Do not use Assurans 20 mg if you
- Have ever experienced some allergy/hypersensitivity to it
- Have any heart-related problems or issues with blood pressure
- Are women or children
- Always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell your doctor if you
- Are Pregnant
- Have ever had a stroke/heart attack / low blood pressure
- Have serious liver/kidney disease
- You have experienced a sudden decline in hearing and / loss of vision
- Have other diseases, medicines, or therapies.